Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Its all a matter of time...

29 December 2010. Just two days left before this horrible year comes to an end and we all shall welcome the new year, year 2011. 2010 was a horrible year? Most people would say that. Yes. Inflation, fights, blasts, controversies, deaths. Yes, it indeed was a horrible year if we have a look at it on a large scale. But would you regard it as a bad year even on a personal level? Erm, I don’t think so. And if you will you are only being unthankful, that’s all I can say. Yes really. You might have had major fights with your close ones this year, many of your friends would have left you alone when you needed them the most, you might have been ditched by people you trusted but well. This is all because of you yourself. Yes you. You are responsible for everything. God gave you an awesome brain to deal with all the problems in the world but you just didn’t use it wisely, don’t you think so? Hah. You wont agree with me, I know, but well, I don’t write stuff to please you people. I write whatever I think is right.

Optimism. A thing which I think is lacking in our society. Even inspiration. People in our society are just bound to think negatively. We are rather slaves of these leaders running our country. Really. But now you would say there isn’t any other option, right? Don’t you remember the time when the judiciary was restored? I am not at all into politics (though my dad often scolds me to read newspapers and watch news regularly. He just did that last night, I am not lying) but I still remember this famous event where thousands of lawyers were out of their homes and protested against the lawlessness in the country. And well, what was the result? They got what they wanted!

Erm well, why am I even talking about politics when I don’t know a single thing about it? Maybe I am crazy. Heh. So I woke up at 11 today, had a nice breakfast, and proceeded upstairs to study. But something distracted me. What was it? Books again. It is this urdu novel I am reading these days, “Khan ki diary” by Muhammad Asghar Khan. I am just on the opening chapter but it looks good from the start. And when I say its good, I really mean it. And its because I am not a big fan of reading. Never was, my entire life. But it is these days that I have started to appreciate some specific books, so I think theres something captivating in these books which have caused to build an book-reading interest in me.

These were my English teachers who would always tell me to read good books so that I can improve my literary skills but like tell me, will a cow ever eat meat if you offer her some? I guess the answer is no, and so it was in my case too. Book-reading just wasn’t my thing. I would start reading some book diligently and end up doing something else after reading not more than 10 pages. The reason? Well books didn’t attract me the way it did to other people. And you can imagine how much I used to hate book-reading by the fact that I asked my parents for some books from the harry potter series on my birthday but never read them. I still have the first five of those books. They must be in the closet somewhere, but I haven’t read any of them. I remember reading some pages from the sorcerer’s stone back then when I bought it but I just left it as it is after that.

And then I had these people as friends who were book freaks. They told me they had read this harry potter series a number of times. A friend quotes he has read the whole series a total of seven times. I am pretty sure all you guys reading this must have read the whole series twice at least. Book freaks you all are. Heh. Anyways whenever I used to hear from them, I just wished god to give me a desire for reading good stuff. Reading stuff that helps me both academically and also in building up my personality. They say whenever you ask god for something, your requests are never turned down. That wish might now come true for the time being so you might think that god refused it, but I think its like theres a time for everything to happen. The right time. And only god knows about it, so he decides when to fulfill your wish.

This thing I am telling you, it dates back to 2004-2005 I guess. But you see, today god has fulfilled my wish and has sparked in me a love for reading books. I don’t know but its mysterious that I prefer reading these books over my course books at the moment. Haha, and now I think these textbooks are rather boring. And then there was a time when there was no better book than these coursebooks. Heh. Time changes the way people think, also bringing a change in their behaviours and their habits. This is true, and you all might have noticed it too, right?

Anyways, dad just called me and wanted me to go and get some work done at the bank. So I am back from the bank just now. Had to collect this chequebook for this new savings account my dad opened last week. Sometimes I think of this banking system, and I don’t think it is all correct. I mean yes. It doesn’t approve to regulations laid down by our religion. But I don’t want to get into this discussion right now. I will simply lie here and tell you that I am leaving this topic to be discussed in some other blogpost. I am sure that day will never come when I will be discussing about the banking system. Heh. It doesn’t even attract me in the slightest degree, why should I even waste a post on it? Or I think maybe I will write it when I grow old, when I am like forty or forty-five. Haha.

You guys are still reading this stupid post? Wow. Well done mate. You have got the guts to bear with this awful post I am writing at the moment. Haha. I have noticed my writings are never confined to a single topic. I start talking about one thing and end up discussing another. Haha, I am awesome, no? Heh. I don’t even care what you think of me, dude. I am awesome, I know this, and this is enough for me to be motivated and do all what I have to.

I think this is what we all need in our lives. A little bit of self-motivation, and the ability to be inspired by little things. Little things like, umm, let me tell you an incident. It is a bad example I know, but well it worked for me, so let me mention it. Heh, I am not even going to stop no matter how hard you yell or shout at me. I will simply keep saying what I have to, even if no one listens. You know why? That’s coz I know when I say these things, even if no one listens to it, the words echo back in my own ears and motivate me. Haha, I do this while studying. I can’t read silently. Whenever I am reading text, I read it aloud to myself so that I can hear it back, and well I understand it better when I do so. This is a fact. Strange much? Haha, and then you say I am normal. I am not normal dude. I am someone who is far above being normal. Okay, I am not making sense here, right? Lets talk about something else then.

You see this happens when I blog after a lot of days. I just keep on writing and writing and my stories never end. Haha. See. I am awesome. Erm, so this friend asked me to go on for table tennis today and I said yes last night. But something happened and I don’t feel like going now, so I just messaged him saying that I am not coming and they should go without me. Ofcourse, I didn’t want to miss a golden chance to write a post for my dull blog. I can play table tennis everyday, but I cant write a meaningful post just like that. It requires a special mood for me to write good things. But I don’t think whatever I wrote above was good enough. Don’t you think so?

Did you guys notice I have been trying to bring myself down in all what I have written above? By saying that I don’t write well, and I am not good at stuff and things like that? And then you would say I talk about being an optimist but I am talking pessimistically myself. Dude, no. You are mistaken. This was all part of a plan you know. I know I shouldn’t be disclosing it here but coz I am good and I want you to become clever like me (Am I really clever?) so well I will tell you. Yes, I am gonna tell it to you too, hater. Read it please and try doing sensible stuff from now on. I am sure my words won’t have any effect on you but well, who cares about you! When you don’t care about me, I too don’t.

So its like when you do something or make something and you want people to see it and ask them for their views about it, the most simple way is to go about and ask them how it looks. For example you made this handicraft yourself and you went to your friends to ask them how it looks. Some of ‘em will give their honest opinions and most of them will act sarcastic with you, not giving a response you expected. Now to gain compliments you think your work deserves, you need to go about with a different pathway. Just go upto this friend and tell them, look I made this. Tell me how it looks. And while saying all this you need to feel down and insist the fact that you don’t really like it. Haha, and it works like magic. I am sure people will award you with compliments like, oh it looks wonderful, and you did a great job. Haha. They would be doing it so that you can start feeling better about it, and there you will be, all motivated coz someone thinks your handicraft looks awesome. Haha, Good enough? No? Heh. I knew it. You don’t like it doesn’t mean I am gonna stop talking about it. Boo!

What I think is this world is already full of sorrows and we just need to find small things we can do to cherish ourselves. I mean yes, this person might be your best friend and you would claim that he has this thing to make you feel good when you are down but please stop for a moment and think. Do you think you are gonna continue living with this person your entire life? Is it possible that he will be there for you whenever you need him? I don’t think so. You guys might disagree with me, but this is what I think. And that’s why I need you guys to act sensibly at all times, and not do any such act which you might regret later.

And you know why I have all the right to talk about this? That’s coz I have been through such stages where I confronted these kind of problems and after that when I thought about it, there were the only things that came up my mind as solutions to get out of these situations. Haha. I just scrolled back and saw how much I had already written. Haha, I am awesome. I remember my O level days when we would have a 600 words limit for all our essays and I exceeded it everytime we wrote an essay in the class. Haha, thank god I didn’t do any such thing in my finals or I would have compromised on my bright and shining A grade.

So well, time to leave fellas. I think I have written enough to cause a headache. Most people might not even reach the end I am pretty sure. So lets see which ones of you actually manage to read all this and award me with some wonderful comments. Heh. I know all you guys hate me but I am pretty sure you have better English skills than me, so please try writing some words in glory for this meaningless post. I will be glad to know at least someone read it.

Umm, a small note for all those people who made it till the end, and didn’t find it boring at all. Guys, I LOVE you. Yes really. No matter how big of a stalker a person is, he won’t read such a long post just to know whats going on in someone’s life. I am a stalker myself so I know. Thank you for reading all this. You are the ones who motivate me to get up from my bed every morning and think positively. Yes dude, I am not lying. It is you people who I keep thinking about everyday while performing daily chores. So well, take good care of yourselves, you awesome-friends-of-mine. And keep smiling please. I want you grinning whenever I see you somewhere. So watch out for me. I might be behind you. Maybe. Toodles.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Yes, I read allll of it. XD I love how my "I'm awesome" attitude has rubbed off on you mayte ;p And yes, I love you too bro! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I feel motivated and optimistic already!! You did a great job:D

    Welcome to the book reading world clever boy :D

    I'm also a great stalker and guess what I read this whole post:D:P unbelievable right? :D

    Thank you for calling me an "awesome-friends-of-mine" I'll take it to be referred to me :P

    After 40 - 45 years:O I won't be able to read that post :( too bad..

    Okay I had many other comments but now I'm forgetting :P so this much is enough I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. w0w it dint take much long lol i think 10 mins ..maybe.. n its lateee at night n the scared person i am m not gonna look over my shoulder now (u said u might be there:p)

    hey i always crossed the word limit in those essays n stories t0o! :P n then i would be like over 400 words n still at the intro so then i would somehow end it there lol

    n mostv the stuff u said is so true n stuff we, or at least i, can relate to. it IS inspirational n the way u said u think about ur friends while doin everyday stuff really made me believe that u do:p

    n uff get over that i dont write well shit, u do n u know it.

    p.s i feel like u might need a shrink.. dont know why but i do:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long post after a long time is fairly justified :D Optimism .. Something lacking indeed . Nice motivating post . And yes since I read the WHOLE post , I awarded you with a comment as you said :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound sweet, no kidding. :D

    Umm... I enjoyed reading it. Was multi-tasking so couldn't read it one go. I think I have a few points about it. Can't form the right sentences in my mind yet so won't bother.

    Keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love you too! :P Hahahahaha. You are awesome bhai. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete