Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finally, I realized it

Today was a pretty ordinary day except that I woke up way too early. Infact, I din’t sleep the whole night.

Last night, I was angry on some friend, and there it din’t let me sleep. I had some issues with this person and I wanted to clear them as soon as possible. So I came up online, emailed, and then was randomly surfing the net when this caught my attention.

Shagufta Abbas is a new friend from twitter, and it was really heart-rending to know that she din’t have her mother alive.

I mean I am not a big fan of poetry at all, but this one had simplicity in it and that’s what caught my attention.

Reading it all, a drop of tear dropped on my hand and I realized pretty soon why it was so. It was like, it made me realize how much we all take our parents for granted. My mom cooks for me, she does all the laundry for the house, cleans the house and everything in the world that I don’t know while I am still lying down on my bed, sound asleep. Dad takes me out wherever I want him to, makes me buy things mom won’t ever allow but NO !

I never realized their importance, Always took them for granted. Always thought that they are doing this coz it’s their responsibility. Always thought that I could just drop by saying “Thanks” for every effort they make, and that will be enough.

But it was today I realized, that I was infact WRONG. They were not here in this world to take care of me. They were born as free individuals to live their lives the way they wanted to. But they sacrificed a lot of their social activities just for me.

And so I think I need to do things to make them comfortable. I think what they want the most from me is my time. I have been pretty addicted to my computer coz of the internet but I will just try from today onwards to give ‘em more time and make them happy.

It’s 7.30 AM now so I will sum it up here. I think all parents in this world are unique but they do the same things for their children so that they don't have to worry for anything until they are alive. I guess it’s high time that we all learn to love our parents and show our affection towards them. And there’s no better way of doing this than to spend more time with them, and do things for them that make them comfortable. 

So just GO and give them a tight hug.And make them realize how much you love them !

I love my parents, and can’t even imagine my life without them. Can you ?

20 comments:

  1. Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un,All praise is due to Allah All-Mighty, the Ever-Living Who said: "Every soul shall taste death." And may His peace and blessings be upon His slave and final Messenger, our beloved Prophet Muhammad who himself tasted death. The death of a parents is one of life’s most difficult experiences. The bereaved struggle with many intense and frightening emotions, including depression, anger, and guilt. GOD help her n his family for going out from this very tragic incident which ofcourse will happen with everyone one day, and give them forbearance n patience. we are equally convoluted in her mournings.

    Dear as far your activites are concern, every person must realize including me we have only one thing in this universe that one is our parents, it is the only unique obsession in the world n they are also actual our assets n wealth, GOD BLESS THEM ALWAYS the parents of everyone.

    good post dear n writing of ur feelings briliantly, take care of ur self, family n surrondings

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can't even imagine what it must be like to not have a parent with us. we take them for granted too much. now that we're old enough, we have to do something for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite introspective. Realizaton's always great feeling that goes deep and takes you a long way :) Love your parents and care for them like they cared for you when you were young.

    Great piece of work. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do not know what to say, i am so touched with what i have just read. i know i am not a good son and i know that i never tried to be, but after reading this and the poetry you mentioned i think i have to change my self i care for my parents but i fail to show that all the times. i have to make them happy because they have done almost every thing i wanted them to do for me and what ever i do i can not pay them back. the only thing i can do it to make them happy and thats what i am going to do from now

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have said it before but they're is no harm in repeating it, the greatest gift that you can give another human being is time , parents are special people they make what we are and the love they give us when we are babies or children nourishes us the rest of your lives , remember people who are deprived of this love do not under stand relationships and love .
    mothers are special they toil the most in making us sane and stable and caring humans .
    I am glad that you have realized the importance of parents in time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well..i can relate to it..Never knew i would have to say it here but i know how it feels not to have a parent with us.There are some wounds even time cannot heal.A very well written post and my heart goes out to Shagufta Abbas.May Allah grant her mother a place on the highest statures of Jannat..Ameen.Take care of your parents everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At times, while running after this world, trying to get the best job, the best car, the biggest house we forget the little things in life that matter the most...the love of our parents..the way they cared for us while we were growing up. I would be greatfull if i can retrn 25% of that love back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. true....parents r really a blessin...!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post Shehry. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came to your blog for the first time. Loved what you wrote... We really need to set priorities in life.. and actually need to understand what is more important to us more than anything

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great . We all take them granted but actually they are the one who has suffered alot coz of us. for our education, for our well being. This post is a reminder for all those who misbehave and disobey them.

    Nice one Shehry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. (:

    ummm, Whenever I used to write about Maa,the motive behind was not to gain a bunch of sympathetic comments or to publicize my sorrows. The only reason was to make others realize that life is too short and unpredictable. We need to treasure each moment we spend with our parents/family, coz each moment is priceless, and we'll realize its worth the moment fate brings us apart(God forbid). So,yeah, the purpose was to let the readers feel the need to change their rude behaviour with their parents. Coz when they are by your side, its like a heaven on earth.
    Im really GLAD you took it the way i wished someone would.
    and thanks a trillion for spreading the word..

    the comment got a bit longer, lol, REALLY long..but i had to say all that.
    Thanks again.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes you're right, we not only take our parents for granted but almost everything... we forget that we can lost too.

    Your parents are the only people who loves you selflessly.

    Now am gonna give my parents a big hug =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well written Shehry! Good that you recognised the need to appreciate your parents while you can, so you will make them happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome post Shehry. I'm so touched .. Seriously don't know what to say..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, Im glad we can STILL realize it when they are alive and dont regret it later on.
    Allah blesses our families InshAllah :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i agred with u n shagufta as welll nyc post n yuo we need to realize that it is God 's mercy on us

    ReplyDelete